Date: 19th November 2017 at 12:41am
Written by:

Following yesterday’s clash between Hull City and Ipswich Town, here are the instant reactions from both managers.

Hull City hosted Ipswich Town at the KCOM Stadium for a 3pm kick off on Saturday November 18, and both sides played out a two all draw.

Ipswich opened the scoring in the sixth minute through David McGoldrick, but Jarrod Bowen had Hull on level terms ahead of the half time break. The hosts then took a two one advantage through Nouha Dicko, but a late 88th minute goal from Jordan Spence shared the points on the day.



McGregor, Tomori, Dawson, Hector, Aina, Stewart, Larsson (Meyler 81), Bowen, Henriksen, Grosicki (Irvine 68), Dicko (Diomande 89).


Mazuch, Marshall, Evandro, Clark.


Bialkowski, Spence, Chambers, Webster, Knudsen, Skuse, Connolly (Bru 80), Garner, Waghorn (Ward 80), Celina, McGoldrick (Sears 86).


Gerken, Iorfa, Nydam, Kenlock.

Speaking to the BBC’s cameras a short time after match day referee David Coote blew the final whistle, Hull City head coach Leonid Slutsky explained.

‘Last time out we had a lot of problems – I had a very difficult time. Today we again didn’t win but I think – in terms of performance – we played our best match for the last three matches, absolutely. In the last two matches against Middlesbrough and against Sheffield United we played really terribly and I thought about how it was possible to change the quality of the game, change the performance because I can’t change results. We conceded the first goal and I was really afraid in this situation because in the last matches when we conceded a goal we stopped playing. Of course I understand our supporters are very disappointed with the result but I think everybody understands we tried to play for our supporters and we tried to show our maximum level.’

Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy in his comparitive interview explained.

‘It was a valuable point – a well-earned point, I thought. I don’t think we’ve nicked anything, by any stretch of the imagination. I thought we started well and I thought we let them off the hook in the first 20 minutes and then they got into it. In the first half they certainly had more possession and I thought we were well organised and disciplined. I was a bit disappointed with their goal. What really pleases me is, having had the penalty saved, it generally knocks the stuffing out of a team and gives the other side a lift. My lads kept going, which was great, and I think we got the point we deserved, to be quite honest.’


Your Comment