Date: 3rd February 2006 at 12:29pm
Written by:

In the second part of our series in which we look back on ex tigers players who have played for City in their two back to back promotion seasons, we see what has become of another 5 former players, tr

Delroy Facey

Much travelled Delroy Joined the Tigers at the start of the 2004/2005 season after spells at Huddersfield, Bolton, Bradford, Burnley and West Brom.

He was a pacy and strong striker who everyone had high hopes for.

His City debut came on the 14th August, coming on as a second half substitute in a 3-2 defeat at Port Vale, He made his full debut in the 2-2 League cup penalty defeat against Wrexham.

Delroy struggled with injury in the early stages of the season and it took him until October to score his first City goal, netting the only goal in a 3-1 defeat away to Bristol City.

He added 2 more goals in the next 3 games and appeared to be the striker we had been looking for.Once again though injury played its part and he spent most of November on the sidelines.

Returning to the first team he netted twice in the 4-1 F.A Cup 2nd round win over Macclesfield and everything was looking rosy again.5 goals in his first 12 appearances was a good return for the striker.

Suprisingly he failed to score for the next 12 games and had to wait until the 22nd February for his next City goal when he scored a late equaliser in the away fixture against the MK Dons.

This proved to be his last goal for City as he was loaned out to Huddersfield and then Oldham for the remainder of the season.

He was released by the Tigers in August 2005 after scoring 6 goals in 25 appearances and teamed up with ex Tigers manager Brian Little at Tranmere Rovers.

He has become an integral part of the Tranmere team this season scoring 6 goals in 22 appearances for the Prenton Park club.

Aaron Wilbraham

Aaron came to the tigers from Stockport in July 2004 in a deal costing 100k. He was seen as the ideal replacement for the injured Ben Burgess being tall and having the ability to hold the ball up.

His first appearance for the tigers in a competitive game came as a late substitute for Nick Barmby in the opening league fixture a 1-0 win against Bournemouth at the K.C

His full debut came on the 28th August in a 2-1 win away to Barnsley.

He failed to enter the scoring charts for the next 2 months and after some disapointing performances was loaned out for a month to Oldham at the end of October.Suprisingly his first game for Oldham a day later saw him score both their goals in a 2-1 defeat of his former club Stockport.

On his return to the K.C in December he carried on where he had left off previously and failed to score during the whole month.

January saw an upturn in his fortunes and he managed to score goals in succesive games netting against Huddersfield at the K.C and once again away at his former club Stockport.

Unfortunately they proved to be his last goals for City as once again he struggled in front of the net.

He was released on a free transfer at the end of the season and joined up with the M.K Dons, his record for the Tigers reading 2 goals in 20 games.

This season he is enjoying life down in Milton Keynes and has scored 5 times for the Dons in 29 appearances.

Lee Marshall

Unlucky Lee Marshall joined City on loan from West Brom in January 2004. A talented attacking right back he made his debut straight away in a 2-0 win away at Cheltenham.

He continued to be a regular member of the Tigers team throughout February and March and was proving a shrewd signing by Taylor.

On the 3rd April he started against Kidderminster Harriers in a run of the mill league encounter and all was well until the 12th minute.He went in for a 50-50 challenge and fell to the ground clutching his leg.The worst fears were confirmed when it was diagnosed as a broken leg.

He struggled along for over a year but eventually on the 22nd April he announced his retirement from the game.
He was 25 yrs old.

He is currently doing a bit of coaching for his local non league team Broxburne Borough and i would like to wish him all the best for the future.

Carl Regan

Carl joined City in August 2002 on a loan deal from Barnsley and was thrown straight into the first team where he made his debut at right back against Exeter on the 17th August 2002.

A no nonsense tackler he went on to make a further 14 appearances for the Tigers before the move became permanent in November of the same year.

He was a regular at right back and made a total of 40 appearances for the Tigers in his first season.

At the start of the 2003/2004 season Hull City had signed Alton Thelwell from Spurs and Regan found himself out of Peter Taylors plans, only making one other appearance for City in a 3-1 LDV trophy win against Darlington.

He was eventually loaned out to Chester where he stayed for a month making 4 appearances for the Conference side.He returned to the K.C but once again struggled to make the first team squad.

He was released by the Tigers at the end of the season and joined Conference North side Droylsden for the 2004/2005 campaign where he made 35 appearances before Chester showed interest in him again and he rejoined them in March 2005.

He has gone on to become a regular fixture in the Chester defence and has played 29 times for them this season.

John Anderson

Big Scotsman John Anderson joined City in June 2002 from Scottish Premier Division side Livingston and immediately became a fans favourite with his no nonsense defensive displays in the City back four.

He made his debut for City on the 10th August 2002 against Southend and went on to become an almost ever present in the side notching up 45 first team appearances.He scored his one and only City goal in a 4-1 win away at Torquay.

He was crowned Player of the year at the end of the season. Unfortunately he picked up an injury in pre season and missed out 4 months of the 2003/2004 campaign.

On his return to fitness he found himself out of favour at the K.C and had to settle for Reserve Team football.

In March 2004 he was released by the Tigers and joined Bristol Rovers on a free transfer teaming up with ex tigers Jamie Forrester and Ryan Williams.He played in the remaining fixtures for Bristol Rovers including a 3-0 defeat by Hull City at the K.C, where he recieved an excellent greeting from the home fans.

The following season he went on to make 34 appearances for the west country club, though it would have been more but for an injury which meant he missed most of November and December.

This season he has appeared 13 times for the club having once again suffered injury which meant he missed October, November and December.He is currently back in the first team now and with Rovers pushing for a play off place he will be hoping for an injury free run in and promotion to League one.


Your Comment